Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The error when change the c# code.

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by watsonsong, Jun 26, 2018.

1. watsonsong

watsonsong

It is very easy to get "Copying assembly from directory Temp to Library/ScriptAssemblies failed" error when change the c# code.
    I have to relaunch the editor to fix this. I am using 2018.2 beta with the new package manager and dotnet 4.x~

2. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

That's a known issue with the Incremental Compiler. It's being worked on, but there's no fix right now.

Instead of closing Unity, you can try and reimport a cs or asmdef file, to trigger another recompilation. It should work (that's what I do).

3. watsonsong

watsonsong

I am not using the Incremental Compiler, at least I do not install it in package manager.
    I am using the Unity2018.2b8.

4. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

There are packages that depend on it and will install it automatically.
    Do you have a "Compiler" section in your editor preferences (Edit -> Preferences)? If it's there, the compiler was installed by something else (maybe the entities packages).

If it's not there, this might be something else. Maybe submit a bug report and paste the # back here so the devs can take a look.

5. watsonsong

watsonsong

No, there is no Compiler page in perferences.

6. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

Oh, that's new!

Could you submit a bug report with a repro project?

Peter77 likes this.
  7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

As @SugoiDev requested, it would be great if you could submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction case for this issue. We were not able to reproduce this behaviour by your description alone.