Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by suIly, Jul 18, 2019.

1. suIly

suIly

"The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in the project"
    This just happened. When I open unity, sometimes it crashes, and sometimes, there is a warning in the console saying that the window hasn't loaded fully, "The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in the project".

It happened out of no-where

2. Cookieg82

Cookieg82

Same....

3. suIly

suIly

I fixed it by going to "GICache" and deleting all the caches

A8os and Cookieg82 like this.
  4. Cookieg82

Cookieg82

I just re-installed the editor. It's gone now.
    Sorry cannot elaborate further...

5. McPeppergames

McPeppergames

I too get this a LOT:
    "The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in this project UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadDefaultWindowPreferences () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/WindowLayout.cs:72)"

Last time followed by a popup with asking to QUIT/RESET/TRY AGAIN or something. I tried all of the buttons, because none of the actions was bringing me a step further to the working project. So I restarted the project and this time it loaded BUT was empty (new scene) instead of my last project! My progress lost!

Can anybody explain please what is happening here?

6. mannyhams

mannyhams

Agree this is bad. I am running into this on the Linux editor - the error shows up when either existing or new projects are opened, and the editor becomes so sluggish as to be unusable. I've re-installed unity through unity hub and even this did not resolve the issue. Pretty disappointing, this is on 2019 LTS.

7. Riptide559

Riptide559

I fixed this by reverting to the default layout and then re-creating the layout that I want and saving it.

MiphaTian and Cookieg82 like this.