Search Unity

Official The Dragon Crashers - 2D Sample Project is now available on the Asset Store

Discussion in '2D' started by rustum, Mar 16, 2021.

1. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

DragonCrashers.jpeg

The Dragon Crashers - 2D Sample Project is now available on the Asset Store. Dragon Crashers is a vertical slice of an idle RPG game built with Unity’s native 2D tools.

Download it from the Asset Store: Dragon Crashers - 2D Sample Project

This demo is currently made in Unity 2020.2/2020 LTS and uses the 2D Renderer/Universal Render Pipeline (URP). To play the demo select “Dragon Crashers” from the top bar, followed by “Load Game Menu.”

Please try it out and share your thoughts! Do let us know what works as expected, as well as what's missing, confusing or broken. As always if you run into any issues tell us all about it below!

Important:
    It is strongly recommended that you remove older versions of The Lost Crypt from your Asset Store cache. Different versions of the project are uploaded for different versions of the editor, and these are often incompatible between versions, especially when downgrading.

To remove older versions from your Asset Store cache navigate to one of the paths below based on your OS and delete it there.

Windows 7, 8 or newer: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Unity\Asset Store
    OSX: ~/Library/Unity/Asset\ Store/

- - -

Known Issues:
    • Opening this project in 2021.1 will require the additional step of toggling all the Volumetric checkboxes for 2D lights that are using it. This will be resolved in an upcoming release of Universal RP 11.

MarekUnity and Deleted User like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi! and thank you for this. :)

Are there any tutorials attached to that project?

3. eduardooriz

eduardooriz

Unity Technologies

We have a big blog post that will be an overview on the project scheduled for this Friday and a webinar scheduled for April which will be also a live hands-on the project. There will be also more content about the demo in the coming months.

4. R1PFake

R1PFake

Hello, I noticed a small bug in the BattleGameplayManager.cs RemoveUnitFromEnemyTeamTargets

In the for loop condition you use enemyTeamUnits.Count but inside the loop you access the aliveEnemyUnits, so the for loop condition should also use the aliveEnemyUnits.Count (similar to aliveHeroUnits.Count in the RemoveUnitFromHeroTeamTargets).

Otherwise you get at index out of range exception if this method is called after the enemy is already dead (and removed from the aliveEnemyUnits), I noticed this during the end of the dragon boss fight

It's hard to spot, because it will only happen if a hero dies after the enemy is already dead, which doesn't happen often in the demo battles.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  5. frommars94

frommars94

Great looking art and stuff!
    But i'm a nooby mobile game-creator and i have important question.
    Is this project viable for phones? On my Xiaomi Redminote 8 pro, this build shows 13-15 fps in game scene and main menu shows around 45-50 frames.
    Maybe im doing something wrong when building the project? In build settings i switched to ETC, and click to "Build". That's all. I want to be better in 2d skeletal and in 2D lightning system, and example project good start is, but fps on mobile makes me cry :(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  6. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

Hey!

Ah yes, that is my fault! Thank you for pointing it out to us! :D

Ill fix that for a near future update. :)

7. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

I tested the project on my early 2018 Samsung S9 and it was getting 40+ fps throughout.

I am not familiar with Xiaomi devices but ill enquire internally to see if I can get one to test on. :)

AlanPereiraArt likes this.
  8. frommars94

frommars94

that would be great! Thank you :)

9. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

Although, the wait time might take longer than usual; Pandemic, Working From Home, Health and Safety Precautions etc. :eek:

frommars94 likes this.
  10. Mokofr

Mokofr

Hey everybody,

I was wondering why the heat distortion showcased in the video is not visible for me?
    Did I encounter a bug here or is it currently supposed to be this way without distortion?

I am very much looking forward to working with this new render texture for shader graph that you mentioned!

Attached Files:

11. KrisSchnee

KrisSchnee

I'd like to try this project, but Unity failed hard when I tried to do so. I created a project, then updated to the latest version of Unity and converted the project to that. I downloaded this package and imported it. I got errors saying that it couldn't compile (see screenshot) and then it couldn't run. Even after I deleted literally everything from the Assets directory and made a blank scene, just to start over, I still couldn't run that because I was getting the same compiler errors. Maybe it had to do with the auto-loading packages (which I can't delete) being outdated yet not properly updating when I converted to a new project?

Edit: No, it's not just the version. I created an all-new project in the latest Unity version, and imported the whole Dragon Crashers package. Painfully slowly. I get:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. An error occurred while resolving packages:
    2.   One or more packages could not be added to the local file system:
    3.     com.unity.render-pipelines.universal: Built-in package [com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@10.3.1] cannot be found
    4. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.device-simulator@2.2.4-preview\Editor\SimulatorApplicationSettings.cs(33,87): error CS1061: 'ApplicationSimulation' does not contain a definition for 'OnLowMemory' ...
    5. Import parameters got modified during import

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  12. eduardooriz

eduardooriz

Unity Technologies

Hi, Maybe you are referring to the video that we made for our GDC 21 keynote? In that clip we show the 2021.1 feature CameraSortingLayertexture being used in the smoke shader to create the distortion. You can find more info about it in this discussion

Deleted User likes this.
  13. eduardooriz

eduardooriz

Unity Technologies

I would recommend to follow the steps from the blog post, basically make sure to use Unity 2020.2 or 2020 LTS (not the latest version yet), create a new 2D project and then import the asset

Deleted User likes this.
  14. frommars94

frommars94

Will the upcoming webinar be avialable later on youtube or another platform?:)

15. respectyoda

respectyoda

I was wondering about this as well! I did register for the webinar, but if for some reason I am not able to attend, I hope the webinar is recorded and uploaded to some platform such as YouTube.

frommars94 likes this.
  16. eduardooriz

eduardooriz

Unity Technologies

We will probably embed the recording in the original Dragon Crashers blog post, to be decided, but most likely that

respectyoda likes this.
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,
    2020.2 is not available in the Hub, it can be installed only from the archive page, as for 2020 lts (not the latest version), only the latest version (2020.3) is available in the Hub... So which one would be best? The asset store mentions "2020.2.7 or higher". :)

I loaded the project in the latest LTS (2020.3.3f1) and played it, no problem at all and the fps is better. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2021
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

I'd like to know, among all the packages that are installed in the project, which ones were actually used to make the project, beside 2D Renderer/URP?

Here is the list of all the installed packages:

Capture d’écran_2021-04-10_17-29-04.png

Thank you! :)

19. duiattorney

duiattorney

I really like it . Where can I find this game
    Replied By duiattorney

20. eduardooriz

eduardooriz

Unity Technologies

Hi. Many of those are usually hidden since they are just dependencies (for example 2D path), apart from the 2D features (except Pixel perfect which was not used in this project), Burst was used to boost performance of 2D animation, Cinemachine, Text mesh Pro, Timeline, Universal RP, Shader Graph, Unity UI, Post Processing were used to create the demo visuals, shaders, cameras, animation sequences, etc.

Deleted User likes this.
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you. :)

Three of them are preview packages, hidden if we do not enable preview packages in the game settings: Device Simulator, Collections, Newtonsoft Json and Performance testing API. Newtonsoft Json and Performance testing API are used by Collections, this one using Burst. Are they useful for the project?

Also, why is it called "Lost Crypt..."? Is it part of the previous Lost Crypt sample project?

Capture d’écran_2021-04-12_17-46-34.png
    And what is this nasty error message I'm getting on import?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Import parameters got modified during import
    Thanks for bearing with me. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021
  22. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

Hey folks! Thank you for coming to the 2D Webinar yesterday!

We are currently reviewing and editing the footage (We recorded both locally and via Zoom) and will be uploading it to YouTube when it is ready. :) I want to ensure that both the video and audio quality is the best it can be before sharing it!

Im also going to look through the questions submitted during the session (almost 100!) and then filter them to common topics and will share them here for others to read. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    respectyoda, Ted_Wikman and MelvMay like this.
  23. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

- Device Simulator is mostly optional; but we used it to test the render camera on different mobile screen sizes.
    - Collections and Burst were used in conjunction with Jobs for runtime Sprite Rigging calculation performance. You could remove these as they are optional (AFAIK); however the performance would be much slower!
    - Im not as familiar with Newtonsoft Json and Performance Testing API packages.

Doh! We copied over the RM Inspector from Lost Crypt and had a minor oversight. Human error! :oops: Ill get that fixed for the next update.

The project is compatible with 2020.2.7 and I noticed you are using 2020.3; im working on upgrading the project to 2020 LTS for a future update and will try and iron out any import issues like that. :D Thank you for reporting it to us!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Deleted User likes this.
  24. respectyoda

respectyoda

I was not able to attend the webinar, but I am looking forward to seeing the footage! Please make sure the footage either has captions or can be automatically captioned by YouTube.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

I just loaded the package into 2021.1.4f1. One error message about Device Simulator; I removed the package. I don't know if this is related but the characters come with the wrong Sprite Library:
    1. adding the right library on the Prefab linup scene works,
    2. adding it in the other scenes doesn't.
    Capture d’écran_2021-04-29_07-54-02.jpg

EvOne likes this.
  26. shaaafeee

shaaafeee

Can anyone tell me how to generate Mask textures and Fresnel Map as seen in the video. Is it using a tool? Similar to how Normal Maps are generated?

27. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

This is due to Sprite Library workflows changing between 2020.2 and 2021.1.

The project was built for 2020.2.7 and also works with 2020 LTS.

I have an internal private branch of the project upgraded to 2021.1 and with new features implemented and issues fixed (Like the one you are having above; I ran into this myself!). However, we are still wrapping up this update and need to determine when the correct time is to release it onto the Asset Store (A lot of that depends on adoption of 2021.1 compared to 2020 LTS).

Deleted User likes this.
  28. Deleted User

Deleted User

About the Art creation tool:

Capture d’écran_2021-05-06_07-16-32.png
    can we hope to have it soon? :)

29. Rains0049

Rains0049

Hi Team,

I am new to Unity, i am very eager to play around with this project and explore. But, after downlaoding, i am not able to see the scene and tab Select Load Game Menu mentioned below on the forum of webinar.
    "Once the project is imported, you should see a new option in the menu bar that offers shortcuts to the project’s scenes. Select Load Game Menu and press Play to try it."
    Please let me know if i am missing anything here.

Thanks,
    Rains0049

Attached Files:

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

You probably just need to update the packages used by the project. Open the Package Manager and make sure all the "In project" packages are up to date. Once done, you should see on your screen what is in the image I posted in comment #21. :)

31. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

Deleted User likes this.
  32. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

Which version of Unity did you open the project with?

33. Deleted User

Deleted User

:cough: :cough: 2020.1.2f1... (it's in the screen capture). ;)

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

When will they buy it? :D

And they have no Linux version... Do you know any equivalent tool that would work on Linux?

35. Rains0049

Rains0049

Thank you APSchmidt and Andy for your response. I updated the package. But i am not able to play, can see this load game tab like one in attached screenshot

Attached Files:

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you update all the packages?

37. Rains0049

Rains0049

Yes, i updated all the packages.

38. samanabo

samanabo

Hi I'm experimenting with the Waving Sprite shader that is included in this project. I'm noticing that when running the shader on iOS, and the object is translated or rotated in the scene the shader jitters a lot.
    It doesn't occur on desktop, only iOS, but does occur in the editor when the build target is iOS.
    Could this be related to batching? Any ideas on where/how to start debugging something like this?
    Thanks!

39. WayneJP

WayneJP

I download this project , and found many material missing

Attached Files:

40. cmppc

cmppc

hi, i was reading about ui toolkit batching and i decided to test on this asset using unity 2022 and 2023 but seem the batching fail...

i tried with disabled, v1 and v2 and no change in batching. maybe am i wrong but when importing photoshop document as "atlas" it should work no?

Found 9 leak(s) from callstack:
    0x000001a52f5c0a0b (Mono JIT Code) Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<int>:Allocate (int,Unity.Collections.Allocator,Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<int>&)
    0x000001a52f5c0913 (Mono JIT Code) Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<int>:.ctor (int,Unity.Collections.Allocator,Unity.Collections.NativeArrayOptions)
    0x000001a4b3696b83 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.SpriteSkin:CacheBoneTransformIds () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/SpriteSkin.cs:464)
    0x000001a4fc19414b (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.SpriteSkin:CopyToSpriteSkinData (UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.SpriteSkinData&,int) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/SpriteSkin.cs:854)
    0x000001a4fc193ecb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.BaseDeformationSystem:CopyToSpriteSkinData (int) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/BatchedDeformation/BaseDeformationSystem.cs:119)
    0x000001a52f5c10db (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.BaseDeformationSystem:BatchRemoveSpriteSkins () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/BatchedDeformation/BaseDeformationSystem.cs:218)
    0x000001a4fc18c8a3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.GpuDeformationSystem:Update () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/BatchedDeformation/GpuDeformationSystem.cs:101)
    0x000001a4fc18b391 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.DeformationManager:Update () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/BatchedDeformation/DeformationManager.cs:128)
    0x000001a4fc18b2c3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.U2D.Animation.DeformationManagerUpdater:LateUpdate () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.animation@10.0.2/Runtime/BatchedDeformation/DeformationManagerUpdater.cs:30)
    0x000001a52ef26b78 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    0x00007ff8036fd694 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_jit_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/mini/mini-runtime.c:3445)
    0x00007ff8036485b4 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) do_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/metadata/object.c:3066)
    0x00007ff8036486c5 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/metadata/object.c:3113)
    0x00007fffeef4e154 (Unity) scripting_method_invoke
    0x00007fffeef2c1f4 (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke
    0x00007fffeef13424 (Unity) MonoBehaviour::CallMethodIfAvailable
    0x00007fffeef1354a (Unity) MonoBehaviour::CallUpdateMethod
    0x00007fffee9aeffb (Unity) BaseBehaviourManager::CommonUpdate<LateBehaviourManager>
    0x00007fffee9b67da (Unity) LateBehaviourManager::Update

EvOne likes this.