Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The Display Resolution Dialogue has been deprecated and will be removed in a future version

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Magasenakwa, May 1, 2019.

1. The link to it is 5 posts above of yours.
    It was unmaintainable. That's a decent reason. If you want to give your opinion on the matter, see the link above to the roadmap and write it down for them.

I personally still think that dialog was dumb and useless. Unity should invest in a proper launcher instead where you can edit and put together a game launcher for desktop platforms like many games do. With performance measurement, basic options and all.

2. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

I haven't seen any third party options.. at least none that are actually cross platform desktop apps that allow you to set the resolution before launching much like the thing Unity actually provided.

ghostitos and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  3. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

That's the problem with all of the third party solutions. They're either not cross platform or don't offer the simple launch capabilities that the built-in Unity system had. I'm sure with enough care and attention you *could* build something that matched the original and it would just be a matter of setting it as the start scene however it still would launch after the logo runs so nothing is going to be as simple as the original system.

4. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Unity just needs to bring it back asap, and disable by default, everyone happy

5. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

probably removed because the new input system where it was like a complete after thought to actually provide a way to do custom run time key re-mappings and save them, I mean you can do them.. but what a major clusterffff way of doing it nothing simple.. removing this without any better replacement.