Search Unity

The default "Color Correction Curves" image effect produces a black screen

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Chaoss, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Chaoss

Chaoss

The default color correction surves image effect produces only a black image.

If I turn off the depth texture I instead get a white screen, adjusting the settings does nothing to the image. I have tried rendering to a new camera with no other effects or gui but I still get the same results. It appears that the image effect is malfunctioning or has not been tested by the Unity staff, is there a work-around or fix?

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Why would we ship stuff that doesn't work or hasn't been tested? When I import Standard Assets, and then drag and drop the ColorCorrectionCurves.js onto my Main Camera, and then tweak the channels, I get a pretty impressive colour adjustment.

Create a new project, drag and drop the script onto the camera, press play, and edit the blue channel. This should let you see the background being changed.

3. Chaoss

Chaoss

I get a gray screen with a white or gray screen even on a new project, it feels like it hasn't been tested as there are several image effects that don't work with the 'advanced' and 'simple' checkboxes do nothing, advanced options are always revealed. It just feels really janky :/