Search Unity

The Debate (Scottish Independence Game)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CkSned, Apr 9, 2014.

1. CkSned

CkSned

Been working on a game as part of the 'serious games' module for my final year of university. Our group had to come up with a game that serves a serious purpose and create a prototype for this.

The Scottish Independence referendum comes around this year and it seems like not an awful lot of people know much about it. So we decided to work on something that would help people make an informed decision on that. Plus we're from Scotland so it is very relevant aha.

The final version would have a campaign for both sides of the argument instead of just one, include various levels, battles, NPCs and additional features like a player inventory to store the information they've collected. Heres a little gameplay video of our prototype:

[video=youtube_share;RZzSEdj6iAo]http://youtu.be/RZzSEdj6iAo

2. dovonobob

dovonobob

It's not very realistic, David Cameron is in the debate :)

I like the way Salmond looks like a lovely gentile and approachable person yet Cameron looks like a slimey, snarling evil looking git. Not sub-consciously biased at all there.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  3. CkSned

CkSned

The artwork wasn't deliberately made to look that way aha. Its supposed to be unbias but none of us are actually artists so this is programmer artwork of the highest quality right here. Also David Cameron is in as an example of one debate since he has spoke about it. The final 'battle' would be against Alistair Darling, since he's the leader of the 'Better Together' campaign.

4. Ocid

Ocid

I approve.

5. CkSned

CkSned

Im glad. Thank you.

6. goat

goat

I read Scotland won't be able to pay it's fair share of the debt for all the weapons UK has invested in but Scotland won't control. True? LOL, don't get mad, I'd love for the rest of the world to start reprioritising their offense budgets.

7. CkSned

CkSned

As far as I know if/when Scotland parts with the rest of the UK they part with the weapons and military that are a part of that. Probably would need to start their own.

8. dovonobob

dovonobob

Should be an easy final battle then ;)

Fair play though like the look of the japenese style battles its refreshing to see something thats not a fps horror survival or rogue like game :)

if you do end up breaking our UK brotherhood can you please take the town of corby with you :)

good luck with the project