Search Unity

Question The Current Render Pipeline Is Not Compatible With This Master Node

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Deleted User, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

After downloading both the lightweight and HR render pipeline packages, I have created both an Unlit and PBR shader.

When I open the Shader Editor, straight away I see a red information box giving me a "not compatible" warning. The sphere is coloured purple.

Also, is it best to upgrade to the 2019 beta... or is 2018.3 just fine?

2. grobonom

grobonom

u just have to create an asset in your project.
    create->rendering->LW rendering

and the select it in project settings -> graphics...

after this shadergraph should stop saying it can do nothing :)

happy unitying !

3. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

I'm having the same issue, but I don't find the option of Create->Rendering. I have Unity 2019.1. Any Suggestions?

FabioPontes and ErickaPSilva like this.
  4. grobonom

grobonom

hmmm i guess you did not install the LW engine. open window->package manager and install
    scriptable pipeline core the LW pipeline :)

hope this will help ^^

Mabolita and AlyssonAndrade like this.
  5. duyttse130241

duyttse130241

but why i added, all object has been turn pink ?? why ??

aminbenslimen9 likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

From what I remember you have to set the Shader in the Material dropdown (at the top of the Component) to LightweightRenderPipeline option.

7. pewpewboss

pewpewboss

I followed those steps, and that fixed the initial problem that thenewkgb82 also faced.

But now all my Objects in the current scene which had some standard material attached to them, all turned pink.

How to fix ?

ps: i guess that's the same problem that duyttse130241 described.

lovk4ch likes this.
  8. lovk4ch

lovk4ch

I think you need to update the materials in your project to LW shaders. Go to Edit -> Render Pipeline and upgrade all project materials to LWRP materials. Don't forget to make a project backup just in case.

Boskic likes this.
  9. mochiponzu

mochiponzu

I read that in the current version of Unity, LWRP has been upgraded to the Universal Rendering Pipeline and it's meant to be the standard rendering pipeline. So I'm wondering if I should still install LWRP when I want to use shader graph.

I found and installed the UWRP package, but I don't see a way to switch to it, because it doesn't seem to add an entry in the "Create" context menu, so I can't create an UWRP asset to put into the Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings slot.

10. JACLEMGO

JACLEMGO

We had the same issues, just with HDRP, solution was to change the order of which the packages are loaded in UPM:

Code (CSharp):
    2. "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "7.1.8",
    3. "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition-config": "7.1.8",
    4. "com.unity.shadergraph": "7.1.8",
    5. "com.unity.visualeffectgraph": "7.1.8",
    6. "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "7.1.8"
    Then reimport of all the shader graphs, which solved all the issues we had. Seems like an NPM/UPM sequence issue.

davidandrade89 likes this.
  11. KnightRiderGuy

KnightRiderGuy

I have both the LW Render Pipeline package and the Universal RP package and shader graph still has the red error??

I'm starting to REALLY hate Unity for these things that just don't work right out of the box!!

After dicking around with this crap for more that 4 days now nothing wants to work, loads of BS red errors in the console,

The Retro TV tube effect from Vortex no longer wants to work....

I'm fed up and done!!

It's a no wonder I've had fricken unity on my machines for a good number of years and have never been able to get a game even half way completed.... if it's not crap like this it's bloody code being depreciated!!

Give me canvas and a brush..... !!
    So done with this crap!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  12. ShadYueh

ShadYueh

I can feel you. I sometimes get frustrated with all that too. Well I was struggling on my all pink assets too and found something:

I hope this helps you.

13. Nathan2474

Nathan2474

I really am in the same state right now. Such basic things as creating a shader should be way easier.

14. HassanRasheed4732

HassanRasheed4732

i have the same problem the material is pink and my unity is 2019.3 15f i didn't find LW Render in the package manager i need help

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's Lightweight RP in the new versions of unity.

16. Aokkii

Aokkii

for anyone new who may read this thread.

you can't have the LWRP and URP and HDRP package installed at the same time, just choose one,
    preferably URP or HDRP, not both at the same time.

use LWRP only if you are using an old unity version that doesn't support the URP package.

17. aloften

aloften

I think I have the answer... I saw all pink things from my materials as well AT FIRST!

I followed the instructions listed for installing just ONE of the two render piplines(I chose urp). I also followed the instructions for going to the edit menu and updating the materials to match the new render pipeline(look toward the start of the chat).

While I just sat here staring at the screen pulling out while not knowing what the heck was wrong with my freaking project, a lot of my materials started working...one at a time, trickling on. I had no idea unity was still converting my materials 5 minutes afterward considering my ui was not locked and I didnt see any type of loading screen. =/

Some of them DID NOT work. I figured out why though. The ones that DID NOT work were actually fbx files I had imported. The materials were either still embeded or for some reason just....gone???

Extracting the materials THEN going through the edit menu again to update "the selected materials" rather than "all materials" at this point slowly but surely fixed everything.

I know this was very frustrating for everyone and myself as well since there was not a one button push solution to this from unity...BUT...I think all paths to the future have a rough step sometimes. Were moving forward. :)

Lemme know if you need more help. I suck with shaders(right now) but Im pretty great at fixing broken stuff. Good luck fellow game developers.

krithsplayz likes this.
  18. aborym

aborym

In my case, I had to go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics and here I noticed I don't have any Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings set. Simply added the created LWRP asset and it worked for me.

Shaku445 and philyoomail like this.
  19. Zuldaris73

Zuldaris73

THANK YOU! I had spent at least 2 hours trying to troubleshoot pink shaders. This was exactly what I needed!

20. dv6works

dv6works

The package name is "Light Weight Renderpipeline" or "Light Weight RP".

21. Sixbreaker

Sixbreaker

guys don't feel frustrated this is normal...ever worked in linux operating systems