Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question The connection problem of Holographic Emulation in Unity when using Hololens 2

Discussion in 'AR' started by yuanqi128, Sep 30, 2020.

1. yuanqi128

yuanqi128

Hi! I am currently using Hololens 2 and Unity to develop MR-related work. I intend to use "Holographic Emulation" in Unity to run the program directly in Unity Editor(Ref: Unity Play Mode with Holographic Remoting, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/develop/unity/unity-play-mode). However, the connection always fails with these two errors: "TransportConnectionFailed" and "TransportPortBusy".

My Unity version is 2019.4.9f1, but I have tried some old versions, e.g. 2019.1, 2019.3 with the same errors. The MRTK is Microsoft Mixed Reality Toolkit v2.4.0.

I followed the instructions and used the Holographic(Deprecated) in Unity. Also, I have tried new XR plugins Management in Unity, but it also failed. I am considering the version compatibility of Unity and Hololens 2 SDK. Could anyone share some solutions to get the "Connection Status" Connected?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. DustinBoyle_PwC

DustinBoyle_PwC

I am having similar problems. I hope someone answers this one.

3. Sandman_Lee_2573

Sandman_Lee_2573

I also have this problem. But it's okay to connect Holographic a month before, and the problem suddenly appears recently. It should has nothing to do with changes to my unity project, cause I started a whole new project and can see the same problem. Wonder if it's some settings about the hololens or my coding PC.
    Hope someone could answer this question.