Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug The code for ObjectPool conflicts with the ObjectPool code in com.unity.platforms

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by ashwinFEC, Feb 13, 2021.

1. ashwinFEC

ashwinFEC

I wanted to do some practice with DOTS and ECS and when I imported all the packages I got these kind of errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. GUID [3476b243c66807c4480122dec8c3cefd] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.platforms/Editor/Unity.Build/ObjectPool/GenericPool.cs' conflicts with:
    2.   'Packages/com.unity.localization/Runtime/Utilities/ObjectPool/GenericPool.cs' (current owner)
    3. We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.
    Is the localization package not intended for DOTS?

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It's an oversight. We have an object pool system in Unity 2020.1 and above. In order to support this in older versions I made a clone and put it in the localisation package. Other packages wanted to do the same and so copied the files from the package but did not regenerate the meta files which causes the above error :(
    It should be safe to ignore, I'll regenerate the meta files so it's fixed in the next version. You can fix this now by moving the package into your project packages folder so that it's not immutable and can fix it automatically.

That said we have no dots related code in the package at the moment, it should still work but there's nothing especially for dots. Dots support is planned for the future, once we are out of preview.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    fherbst likes this.