Search Unity

TextMesh Pro The characters are broken when using TMP with a localized font.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by thanhtam2a, Jun 4, 2019.

1. thanhtam2a

thanhtam2a

Hi Stephan_B,

I have another issue related to the localized texts. Some characters are broken (2) even they are appeared perfectly in the Text Mesh Pro Component view (1). Do you know how to fix them?

Here is the Game View

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Do you mean characters showing the 'Missing Symbol" glyph which is the square?

This means those characters and glyphs are missing from your font asset.

3. thanhtam2a

thanhtam2a

Yes, they are square symbols. I found a topic related to this subject here http://digitalnativestudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=604.0

Let me try with it first. I'm still new with the advanced concepts like material, shader, font atlas etc.

4. thanhtam2a

thanhtam2a

Hi Stephane_B,

It's really due to missing the characters in my font atlas. But I can resolve the problem by following your instructions here https://forum.unity.com/threads/character-set-for-multiple-languages.524511/

First, I created a primary font atlas containing the extended ASCII characters. Next, I created another font atlas fallback which will contain a set of custom characters. I selected the option creating from custom characters and paste the character set of my language into it (I search this set in internet). Finally I assigned the font fallback to the primary font. Run the game and it resolved the block square characters.

Thank you for your guide and hope this help for someone else would get trouble with block squares.

Stephan_B likes this.