Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug The character gets stuck between rocks

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by Eddrico, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Eddrico

Eddrico

Short description
    The character gets stuck between rocks, the directional input is recognized but the character does not move, the character can get out of the place after several tries, This is reproducible with keyboard and Joysticks, but keyboards get stuck longer than joysticks.

Expected behavior
    The Character should be able to move.

To Reproduce
    Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open a scene with the TestingGround. Press play.
    2. Jump over the rocks and place the character between them.
    3. observe that you can not move, you can jump, but can not move in the air neather.
    Notes
    • Here's a video of the issue, you can see the inputs while i tried to get out of the place:

*PS.- I hope this is the right way to report bugs, I didn't found a guide to do this.

2. deivsky

deivsky

@cirocontinisio this seems like what you were telling me after merging the changes I made to mid-air movement, but I see that you've pushed the changes you made already.

@Eddrico I can't seem to be able to reproduce it, do you have the latest version of the project?

Usually, we report the issue in github and then discuss it here in the most related thread, or open a new one if needed. I wouldn't say this is the wrong way though, but I do find it funny that you copied the template from github to post here, instead of opening the issue right there :D

cirocontinisio likes this.
  3. Eddrico

Eddrico

Yeah, I thought in posting it there too, but since the forums are for discussions I guess it was better to open it here first, good to know though, I'll do that for the next ones.
    Maybe a small guide in the FAQ thread would be good

Yes I have the latest changes, I update it today and I just check that no new changes were uploaded.

4. deivsky

deivsky

Hmmm... Just in case, not being able to simply walk out is intended. You should be able to very easily jump out though...

Amel-Unity and cirocontinisio like this.
  5. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Same as the other thread, if you could open the issue on Github it would be great.

I'll add it to the FAQ too!

6. Eddrico

Eddrico

Great, i added this one too

cirocontinisio likes this.
  7. JoaoSantos

JoaoSantos