Search Unity

Games The Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED Engine

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by esco1979, Jan 3, 2019.

1. esco1979

esco1979

Yup. Link to a 25+ minute vid below. Made with Unity in C#. Planning to get a demo out of the prologue with Richter Belmont, and also 1 new stage with a fully functional Alucard this year within 6 months. This means him in human mode, wolf form, bat form and mist form.

There is also a blog for it setup as well:

sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Donations for spritework can be made via paypal to: Esco1979@cfl.rr.com

Or you can join my Patreon at www.patreon.com/sotnhacked

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Interesting. Why is it called "HACKED"? Are you actually reverse-engineering the original build?

esco1979 likes this.
  3. esco1979

esco1979

This project originally started off as a hack of the ISO. I was using an application called memhack, along with some ASM coding to heavily modify the gameplay.

4. mrkotfw

mrkotfw

I'm not sure I still understand. This is the entirety of the game, but it's running within Unity? Or are you actually re-implementing parts of the game from scratch?

5. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I'm a massive Castlevania fan, but I have GOT to ask: Why would you put in SO much time and effort on something that's 1) Not yours 2) Already perfect 3) is completely unprofitable and will eventually get a C&D order???

I mean with the effort you're putting in you could just as easily make your own game.

If you love a piece of art, go make you're own thing inspired by that art.

I'm not taking a stance that you should not be doing this. I'm saying there's so much better things you could be doing with your time.