Search Unity

The Castle (FPS)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Mike08, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Mike08

Mike08

Hi

I show you some Screenshots of the game 'The Castle'.

And I want someone who has got the Pro version of Unity that he puts me out this game as it is as Windows-Standalone when I have uploaded the Project files.

You should also please use the Icon with the castle on it.

Thank you for your help in advance.

And here now the Screenshots.

By

Attached Files:

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Ummm, that's kind of cheating :wink:

3. AGhost

AGhost

Make a webplayer, it works on PC!

Anyways, looks good so far. BTW, have you got the reloading/firing working? Also how did you do that minimap?

Good Job,
    Ghost

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Sorry, shouldn't have just brought up your "workaround" to publishing on Windows, but it's really no good, it's like me asking, "hey, I have some mirrors in my game ,I need someone with the Pro version to publish my game with "render to texture".

I like your overhead map and the usage of a mask. But I think your textures are tiled too frequently... turn that down a bit (make them repeat a little less). It will look better and the quality won't suffer at all.

5. Mike08

Mike08

Hi

Here is now the Link for the Project files.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18221544/The_Castle.dmg.html

I created this game as a open source game so that everybody can learn from it.

You can also improve it and upload it again so that this is a living tutorial for everybody.

I would like someone to deploy it unchanged as windows standalone and upload it onto the web.

Many thanks.

By

6. socksy

socksy

If you didn't get this the first time, this isn't allowed, and is cheating. Please do not persist with this practice.

If you were signed up to the newsletter you'd have known that there was a free trial for Unity Pro given away over easter, and you could have exported a copy then, so be it not the final version.

There's a reason you have to pay more for Windows export...

7. Mike08

Mike08

Hi

I'll buy the Pro version now (because of the render to texture function and the camera effects and all the other cool stuff not because of the windows export)

So I can create the windows standalone on my own. The game is nevertheless open source. It would be great when all of you would add great ideas to this game (when you want) and put it back onto web so that we can all learn from each other with this game.

By

8. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Douse the project have a web site anywhere? Jeff

9. jeremyace

jeremyace

Yeah, if you have a bunch of people screwing with it without organization and central control it will get screwed beyond comprehension and eventually may not even work. Could be cool with a proper website for it though (if you don't have one already ;) ).

-Jeremy