Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

The Avatar deifinition does not match the property path

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CurioSisReMi, Jun 30, 2022.

1. CurioSisReMi

CurioSisReMi

Hi, my English is not the best so I'll be short. I have a character preab that had some animations to it. I added animations from another bundle and it plays it in Animator, but I need to add a new prop to it (3D model), but when I give 'Add Property' this message pops up.

If you could help, I would be happy: 3

Attached Files:

• 12.PNG
      12.PNG
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
  2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Are both your character and the animations "from another bundle" rigs set to "humanoid" in the import settings?

In order to retarget animations from one model to another, they both need to be set to "humanoid".

It is also possible to use animations on a "generic" model, but in that case the skeletons need to be identical. All of the object names in the hierarchy need to match what is in the animations.