Search Unity

The associated script cannot be loaded, please fix errors...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Pollawat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Pollawat

Pollawat

The associated script cannot be loaded, please fix errors...

I know that because I been there before, but this time it doesn't show me what script is the problem.

As you can see in console panel, Please help. How can I fix the error script inside of the asset?

Edit, I try to delete a file one by one and even I delete all of them the problem still occurs so I assume this might because of Unity itself so I'm reinstalling.

I got: Thread group size must be above zero UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It says the script is missing actually. Which either means it cannot be loaded because it didn't compile, or it's really missing.

3. Pollawat

Pollawat

Thank you for your answer, anyway it happens with every single object in the scene. This is normal when I recreate entire library file so far, but this time I can't find the source. Last time I just need to delete one of them somewhere and the entire scene was fixed. Another time was I forgot to write ";" in the motor script, I know where it wrong because the console panel told me but this time is different.

ps. Sorry if my English annoying you, I'm not good at it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    eric0521 likes this.
  4. verybinary

verybinary

it looks like the script was deleted. putting the script back wouldn't help, as the script reference is still null. right click that component, and remove it. if you know what the script was supposed to do, add it back in, and then add it back to the object. yes every single object in the scene, or go back to a backup where the script wasn't deleted.

5. Pollawat

Pollawat

Fixed, Thank you, everyone.

I reinstalled the Unity and everything fixed now, I don't know why, I don't know how, but the thing that I notice is Unity can't even pop up the standard component for a game object, so I thought something went wrong and I reinstalled it.

- Everything fixed because I create a new project but still, same error happens. So I clean deleted the program and reinstall it.

6. amdbuster

amdbuster

I have the same problem (The associated script cannot be loaded, please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script).
    I make C# Tuts since Weeks(Each Tut has a single Script), the last Yesterday, and all woks fine. But Today all Scripts have this error.

Reimport and reinstall doenst work.
    Why and where ist the problem?

7. Schneider21

Schneider21

@amdbuster You have to look at the specific errors the compiler is giving you. It's telling you which script has the issue, and what lines the errors are occurring at, and even why it's failing. Share that information with us and we can direct you further.

8. amdbuster

amdbuster

I have this error in all Projects:

9. Schneider21

Schneider21

Well besides the two syntax errors the console is pointing out to you (refer to lines 16 and 31 of those scripts), it looks like you may have some invalid characters in the script names. Try simplifying them a good bit and see if that fixes anything.

10. amdbuster

amdbuster

But why all these Scripts works before?

If i aktivate either Script, Unity say:
    Generating diff of this object for undo because the type tree changed.
    This happens if you have used Undo.RecordObject when changing the script property.
    Please use Undo.RegisterCompleteObjectUndo

Not one have this..

11. Ryiah

Ryiah

Like it says, the associated script cannot be loaded because there is a bug in one of your scripts. One compile time error is all it takes for a programming language compiler to be unable to work with your entire codebase. Fix the red errors listed in the console and the compiler will once again be able to compile all of your scripts.

12. amdbuster

amdbuster

I dont know why, but the errors are gone. o_O

13. meerys

meerys

I have the same probleem !! sometimes I open unity and it works, and sometimes I get this error. How can i fix it? the new unity update gives me many errors

14. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Depends on the specific error, which you haven't mentioned. Generally the process is you look at the first error, fix that problem in your code, save, and go back to Unity so it recompiles your code and see if there are any further errors.

15. septN

septN

Just had this problem with my project that I cloned on another PC. My RuleTile that I had created with Unity 2D Extras wasn't working.

So I just create a "New Isometric Rule Tile.asset", and fix the old script guid of my broken RuleTile

Fibonaccov likes this.
  16. SCPCoder

SCPCoder

Tuve este problema y asi como se me presento se fue, hice el codigo y lo puse en el objeto player pero me resulto en este error asi que vine a investigar y la manera en la que se soluciona es algo sensillo pero no a la vez, para solucionarlo debes guardar el codigo en tu compilador, en la seccion "guardar como:" y se soluciona , a mi me funciono en el compilador visual studio espero haberte ayudado uwu

17. unity_CD21894F6BF4210A9493

unity_CD21894F6BF4210A9493

ok so i am having with this error but none for the ansers fix it