Search Unity

Bug The animation events do not scale with animation speed Unity 2021.1?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Sangemdoko, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Sangemdoko

Sangemdoko

Hi,

I'm having an issue with animation events, and I believe the problem has to do with animation event timings not scaling with the animation speed.

I have an animation with 6 frames. I fire two events at around 20% and 90% of the clip.

I added state machine behavior to my animation state to log some things:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class TestAnimBehavior : StateMachineBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     // OnStateEnter is called when a transition starts and the state machine starts to evaluate this state
    4.     override public void OnStateEnter(Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, int layerIndex)
    5.     {
    6.         Debug.Log(Time.frameCount+" ENTER FIRE ANIM STATE "+stateInfo.normalizedTime);
    7.     }
    8.     // OnStateUpdate is called on each Update frame between OnStateEnter and OnStateExit callbacks
    9.     override public void OnStateUpdate(Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, int layerIndex)
    10.     {
    11.         Debug.Log(Time.frameCount+" UPDATE FIRE ANIM STATE "+stateInfo.normalizedTime);
    12.     }
    13.     // OnStateExit is called when a transition ends and the state machine finishes evaluating this state
    14.     override public void OnStateExit(Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, int layerIndex)
    15.     {
    16.         Debug.Log(Time.frameCount+" EXIT FIRE ANIM STATE "+stateInfo.normalizedTime);  
    17.     }
    18.     // OnStateMove is called right after Animator.OnAnimatorMove()
    19.     //override public void OnStateMove(Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, int layerIndex)
    20.     //{
    21.     //    // Implement code that processes and affects root motion
    22.     //}
    23.     // OnStateIK is called right after Animator.OnAnimatorIK()
    24.     //override public void OnStateIK(Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, int layerIndex)
    25.     //{
    26.     //    // Implement code that sets up animation IK (inverse kinematics)
    27.     //}
    28. }
    I would expect the events to fire around stateInfo.normalizedTime 0.2 and 0.9 no matter the animation speed.
    But instead it gets fired at 0.2, 0.9 when speed is 1 and around 0,0001034698 and 0,0005153804 when using a speed of 0.001.

Does anyone know if that's a known bug? Or if I'm actually doing something wrong?