Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

The alpha of decals is not completely transparent.

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by gillemp, Jun 29, 2022.

1. gillemp

gillemp

Hi!

I wanted a quick way of displaying the range of stuff in my game, so I thought: do it with decals around it! Fast and easy!

However, the parts of the decals that are transparent do not appear completely transparent during gameplay. They darken or lighten the parts they are on top of.

You can clearly see a "square" around the blue circle in the picture (I marked with red the full decal and with orange what should be fully transparent).
    2 in 1.png

The decal is a blue circle and the corners of the .png are fully transparent: TextureEnergyRange.png

This is my material: upload_2022-6-29_10-53-23.png
    This is my texture: upload_2022-6-29_10-53-52.png
    This is the object with the URP Decal Projector:
    upload_2022-6-29_10-57-20.png

Does anybody know why this happens?

2. gillemp

gillemp

SomeGuy22 likes this.
  3. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

This just saved me, thank you so much! Confirmed that the "DBuffer" and "Automatic" decal techniques seemed to produce that awful transparency for me too, but switching to Screen Space did the trick!

4. faltek

faltek

That did it! Thank you!