Search Unity

Thanks Unity Devolpers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheCasual, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TheCasual

TheCasual

I would just like to thank the unity community and especially , the Unity Dev's who have brought this amazing product to the common user such as myself. I am so close to having a rediculous, silly networked FPS that me and my sons can annihilate each other on, this makes us all happy.

I have been a hobbiest modeller / programmer for a few years, but it seemed that just a few years ago, silly little games i attempted to make either had to be created from the ground up, all the code, engine and all, or you could use some of the old tools like rpg maker , game maker etc. But these older tools lacked so much of the robust power / features that these modern Game Development Suites offer. As an alternative there was pre packed engines you could attempt to use, but for us hobbiest new guys to the scene, this stuff was all just way to technical.

Needless to say, i only ever managed to make one silly little spacescroller game with c# and visual studios until i discovered this program.

Anywho , thats all i wanted to say , thanks Unity, and all you guys here at the forums that help out alot, noobers like me need help, all the time :p

PS: just noticed , my 100th post, yay , graduating to slightly less noob. (if only total posts matter in the learning world) hehe

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

I would also like to say thank you to UT and this awesome community. I'm getting pretty close to a release that I'm really proud of, and I could not have done it with out Unity. And the community has been very helpful! So, thanks UT and unity community!

3. zipper

zipper

Unity has truly democratized the ability to make games.

After purchasing Unity two months ago, i have been averaging about 30 to 40 hours of training each week to get up to speed quickly with Unity/C#. I have also started learning (because of Unity) modeling, texturing, UV mapping, shaders, lighting, etc.

I have never felt so motivated to learn and create.

Thank You!

4. zine92

zine92

And with upcoming Unity 3.4/3.5 makes it all the worth waiting and developing on it.

5. starpaq

starpaq

Thank you from me as well!

I think i'm in this for the long haul. Unity makes the process efficient and more streamlined than I could hope for it to be. Although, I'm pretty sure it's going to get even better. Clearly the best investment of my most valued asset, Time ( and soon money ).

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It would be better if the pro version had more investment like ios pro. ios pro is very expensive considering you need unity pro to run it, and not unity indie, so the overall investment for ios pro is quite a lot if you're not using the PC/MAC/WEB of unity pro desktop.

With that reasoning in mind, it is not a big ask to hope they prioritise and continue to invest in ios, and from the roadmap, it looks like they are doing so, which is great!

7. MERKB

MERKB

I swear this guy vulcan mind-melded me, because I couldn't have said it better myself!

8. jashan

jashan

Ah, I love these kinds of threads where people really get the spirit of Unity!!! Unity has been a real "life-changer" for me, too - and in a very very good way!!! Thank you UT, thank you community! Unity FTW!!! :)

9. KnifeFightBob

KnifeFightBob

Usually I'm not the weak-hearted type, but Unity makes, more than any other app out there, my knees go all wobbly and my face all ^___^

10. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Well, I guess I could show my appreciation to everyone in the community, and all those Unity developers...

Thanks to everyone for everything. You all rock.