Search Unity

Thank You, Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grady Lorenzo, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Grady Lorenzo

Grady Lorenzo

This is random, but sometimes it's good to be random.

I've been a part of the Unity Community for about two years, and in that time I have come to get to know a lot of people. In a forum with literally thousands of members, you don't expect to see many people more than once, possibly twice. But so many of you have been helpful several times, despite my occasional attitudes. I have to say, this forum, and Unity in general are very easy things to deal with, and very helpful, with so many respectful members, it is a model of a proper development community. Coming from a background with no formal training, having to teach myself Unity as a hobby, this community has had no problem showing me the ropes time and time again. Over time, I have learned enough to pass on tidbits of knowledge to newcomers. You haven't just helped me, you've helped my interns as well, as most information you share gets passed on to them whenever they have questions. You've assisted with the growth of i3D RCS, the largest high-school-based computer development team in the country. I have already graduated from Richmond Senior, but i3D remains as a core of everything I do. On behalf of myself and the following people, only a few of the many, I sincerely thank all of you for a great two years of learning, with many more to come.

Jefferies Epps
    Ben Dibble
    Ryan Hudson
    Charlie Melvin
    Hunter Knight
    Surbhi Patel
    Cameron Talbert
    Morgan Caudill
    Kaitlyn Thomas
    TJ Wallace

2. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

Gratitude is a good thing!
    I'm grateful as well for the patience of many who know I don't always know what I am talking about
    since I am pretty shallow in my knowledge of game making and all things related,
    but do enjoy getting involved if only by mistake sometimes.

:)

3. TheCasual

TheCasual

Posts like this are rare indeed :p