Search Unity

TFS integration for Unity

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by partnerinflight, Oct 24, 2012.

1. partnerinflight

partnerinflight

Hey guys:

I'm trying to figure out how to enable TFS integration with Unity 4.0. I've created a plugin using the AssetModificationProcessor, but that only gets me as far as asset integration, and doesn't help at all with scripts.

What I want to be able to do is inject the source control tags into the generated .sln and .csproj files (in case of C# scripting) that, enabling source control integration in Visual Studio. But I can't find an Editor class that would allow me to do that.

Any help?

Thanks!

2. Zenix

Zenix

Unity doesn't provide support for this. I recommend not using the Unity generated solution and project files, and just managing your own.

3. Cripple

Cripple

I think that you can skip the versionning of the .sln and csproj because Unity rebuild it really often and it doesn't take that much time.

The most important part is the versionning of scripts files and other assets.

By the way, I'm really interested by a TFS integration into Unity, do you plan to release it as a full plugin on the Asset store (free/paid?).

4. partnerinflight

partnerinflight

So the question isn't really about versioning the csproj and sln files. The issue is that VS stores source control info in them, so if we want source control integration from visual studio, we need to be able to inject the necessary tags into the csproj and sln files. For that we need support in the unity asset creation pipeline. Any help there?