Search Unity

Texturing help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thefilmmaker, Sep 25, 2017.

1. thefilmmaker

thefilmmaker

Hello
    I am working towards a studio job at blizzard, and one of the things they want from there employers is self texturing, and i would like to know if any of you have some materiels, video, sites, and what not, that could help me :D

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

Well if you're asking this question, then you have a very long long path to travel.

But really the main stuff you'll need to learn (I don't have any videos or anything), but that's what youtube is for.

Is to learn the following stuff.

1. PhotoShop (Or similar program - I use Paint Shop Pro).
    2. Substance Painter/Designer are useful skills to know.
    3. Some programs like 3Ds Max have a type of 3d texture painting as well
    That's really all I can think of, just youtube the tutorials on texturing and you'll find hundreds of thousands if not millions of videos covering every single aspect you can think of.

But if I'm correct, most jobs that ask for texturing are also the same jobs that say you need to be an experienced 3D Modeler as well, that knows how to UV Unwrap, Animate, etc.

3. thefilmmaker

thefilmmaker

Thanks for the answer :) i am an experienced modeler, and i have used Photoshop to a degree :) furthermore I have looked through youtube, and what i mostly find is quick time video,which ist helping me that much, the thing I think I am bad at, is the sitting down and hand painting, the texture, I have an example here where I was going for a tree like texture:

Attached Files:

4. thefilmmaker

thefilmmaker

I have talked too fast, I have maybe found a youtuber, with some good videos :p