Search Unity

Bug Textures not showing in prefabs - unity 2021.3.9f1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by karldv, Sep 5, 2022.

1. karldv

karldv

Hi, I recently installed the newest version 2021.3.9f1 via hub, started a 3D URP project... however when importing some assets the textures are not visible. First it happened in a mobile terrain package, then tried with a mech collection and only a few prefabs show their textures correctly, make a last try with a simple turret robot and again, no textures at all.

Is anyone else having this same issue?

Best Regards, Karl.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      139.7 KB
      Views:
    • 55.jpg
      55.jpg
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
    • 56.jpg
      56.jpg
      File size:
      71.2 KB
      Views:
  2. spiney199

spiney199

Are the assets you're importing designed to be used with URP?

You may need to run the asset converter.

3. karldv

karldv

Thanks for answering!

I tried with a basic 3D project and all assets works fine. Looking for a turret asset I found this text in the description...

URP / HDRP

The materials of this asset must be upgraded with Unitys automatic material upgrade tool if this asset is used in the Universal Render Pipeline or HDRender Pipeline.

for URP: go to Edit / Render Pipeline / Universal Render Pipeline / Upgrade Project Materials to UniversalRP Materials

Is this what you meant with the asset converter? If the answer is yes, I google it and it's no longer located in Menu, but in Windows>Rendering>Render Pipeline Converter, I assume it's the same that was located in Edit Menu.

4. spiney199

spiney199

Yeah it's probably changed a bit in more recent versions. You'll have to convert the materials to make them work in each of their respective render pipelines.

5. karldv

karldv

Looks like not all of the assets I need for my project, are not compatible with URP even when converting the textures, tried a new asset and it doesn't show textures.... again.
    And looking for more info about URP I found that some people have issues with it, so many that they found URP so annoying and they return to the built-in pipeline. I decided to do the same and work with built-in to avoid textures issues.

Thanks a lot spiney199 for your help! :)

Best Regards!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022