Search Unity

Textures from Maya to Unity

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Graeme_Daly, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Graeme_Daly

Graeme_Daly

I want to know what is the best method for transferring textures at the 3D model made in Maya to be exported to unity through an FBX export, I would appreciate not having to link up all the texture files again in Unity and have the model be imported with all textures initially.

2. arfish

arfish

Didn't this work?

3. Graeme_Daly

Graeme_Daly

Thank you its just you still have to link all the textures up in Unity though. Is there a way that you do not have to do link them all again? I am working with multiple other people and it would be great if you didn't have to link all the texture files in Unity. Also if I want to use an Arnold shader like an AI standard and I use "sheen" or other elements that work only with Arnold shaders I can't get the textures in Unity to have that same sheen to them, in the video they use a Lambert but I would prefer to use AI standard and have it look exactly the same in Unity as it does in Maya.

4. arfish

arfish

Isn't it just the shaders to use in Unity that has to be chosen, if the textures are embedded in the .fbx-file?

5. Graeme_Daly

Graeme_Daly

I guess so, I don't know what shaders to use with Unity to match the AI standard since they are different. If I knew a texture in Unity that matched the shader in Maya that would be great

6. arfish

arfish

7. Graeme_Daly

Graeme_Daly

8. Graeme_Daly

Graeme_Daly

So basically When I import the fbx into Unity it is support to understand it as an Autodesk interactive shader by default but when I import the fbx into Unity - it imports the material as an AI standard material and all the plugs for certain texture files such as the basecolour, the specular colour, the normal map etc are all greyed out so I cant even relink them, Not sure how to resolve this

9. arfish

arfish

Extract Materials?