Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Textured Text Shader

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Jonathan Czeck, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

I'm having troubles with this one. It works fine on my 9200 mobility, but not on a Geforce 2 MX. As you can see there are letters cut out and the colors I think are the complements. Bizarre. It seems simple enough, only fixed functions. Here's a package with a font, the shader, and a scene with it in.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Jon

EDIT by davidhelgason: I'm not sure what goes wrong, but Safari fails to download this file correctly. The only solution I can currently find is to use ctrl-option-click on the DOWNLOAD link and the selecting "Download Linked File As...", and giving the correct filename. Safari STILL insist on adding a .gz extension so you then have to go rename the file to remove the .gz extension. THEN Unity will happily import the package. A solution is being searched for!

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

It looks like RGBA has become GBAR on a GeForce2 MX some how... :) Or something like that.

:/

Now.. how to fix.. that... :???:
    -Jon

3. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

I didn't include what it *should* look like. whoops

Here's what it looks like on my 9200 mobility.

-Jon

Attached Files:

4. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

After some more looking into this, it is apparent that this problem happens not only on my shader, but on GUI Texture, any of the alpha ones when you use a RGBA texture for the main one to control specular...

How hard of a bug is this to fix? We kinda need GUI textures for the deadline... etc... I think we'll just ship with the bug if need be. I'm sure there is a lot to do as is.

-Jon