Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Texture size and Different Platforms

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FiveFingerStudios, Sep 22, 2021.

1. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I want to port my game to android...its currently designed for Windows (its a VR game so I'm porting it from PC to Oculus Quest).

I want to include 1/4 size textures for android...without manually copying an re-importing new textures in my project.

Is it possible to have builds with different texture sizes, depending on the platform I'm building for?

2. adamgolden

adamgolden

3. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Thanks for providing the screenshots. Doesn't that change all assets that are imported in my project? I want to be able to switch quickly between building for windows and building for android.

4. adamgolden

adamgolden

In the image on the right (the Importer settings in the Inspector after selecting all/however many textures), you should be able to pick Android tab, then set the Max Size - this will only apply to Android :)

5. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Ahh...ok..thanks a lot!

adamgolden likes this.
  6. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

It seems that I don't have that option. I'm using Unity 2018.4.

7. Moonjump

Moonjump

I've used 2018.4 in the past and did have the option, plus in versions before and after that. I use the tabs more for setting the texture quality, since Unity removed some commonly used options from Default for reasons that were supposed to reduce user error, but increased them massively for me, and others I have spoken to.

Just to be clear, in polemical's second image, you will see a tab saying "Default". Next to it are tabs for the other platforms. Unfortunately Unity uses icons, not names for those, so it is not as clear as it should be. Go to the Android tab and you should find an option for max texture size.

8. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Thanks. I do see it now. I just installed android and for some reason I had to reboot Unity.