Search Unity

Texture preview is extremely dark in Unity 2018 when in linear color space

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TwiiK, May 13, 2018.

1. TwiiK

TwiiK

It was not like this in 2017.

If I uncheck "sRGB" in the texture import settings the preview looks correct, but then the texture looks way too bright in-game. If this is considered the correct behavior and it was wrong previously I want an editor setting to bring back the "wrong" behavior because I can barely tell what my textures are anymore.

And this ONLY affects the preview. My actual game looks identical between Unity 2017 and 2018.

2. TwiiK

TwiiK

It's like this in the included 3D with extras template scene as well so surely this is a bug because I assume that scene is setup correctly?

3. Anubis9

Anubis9

Same here. Any solution for that?

4. TwiiK

TwiiK

This still happens in the latest version. It has happened in every version of Unity 2018 so far.

I submitted a bug for it, but then I got deja vu when writing the bug report and realized I've submitted a bug report for it earlier as well so now there's two bug reports for it. :p Unless this is happening due to an odd combination of hardware/software it should be instantly reproducible for anyone using Unity 2018 in the linear color space.

5. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

It's (still?) the same in 2017 LTS. Can you give me a link to (one of your :rolleyes:) bug reports @TwiiK ?
    much appreciated thank you