Search Unity

Texture Packer + Unity Tutorial

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by stanislav-osipov, Jun 2, 2013.

1. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Well I have bought both the texture packer and illuiminator. Definitely a learning curve but the packer has increased my games performance and that is what it's all about. I think it can and will do even more once I understand it more. I did get a response and you can't manually place the textures unfortunately but hopefully The designer might add as an update.

You can use naming to help place them but it is not a perfect solution.

I am now just trying to test if you can use the textures on particle effects.

Thanks for you help I will search for his forums because I am sure there will be some good help there too.

Ratboy601 likes this.
  2. Ziplock9000

Ziplock9000

Is there any update for this as it seems to not work with Unity 5

3. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    Hey @AndyNeoman if you do have any questions, just feel free to contact us, you will get much faster support, we not always getting the forum notifications.
    https://stansassets.com/#contacts
    Can you please be more specific? What kind of issues do you have with the plugin + Unity5? The product was fully tested with the latest Unity versions.

Cheers!

4. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Hi,

Currently I'm having success with this production pipeline:

I have an animation created in After Effects. I export a PNG sequence. Bring the PNGs into TexturePacker. TP creates a sprite sheet with all the images in order and in "cells". In Unity I select the animation sequences in the sprite sheet and drag them to an Animation timeline. All the images in the animation sequence are the same height and width to the animation is smooth.

Is it possible to have TP optimize the sprite sheet (pack the images in the sequence tightly, sometimes rotating them, putting them out of order, etc) and then bring the sprite sheet into Unity and drag the images in the animation sequence into the Unity Animation timeline and have the images in order and positioned correctly so the animation plays smoothly and the frames don't bounce around?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  5. CodeAndWeb

CodeAndWeb