Search Unity

Texture not shown on an imported 3d model

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by camelboyegypt, Jun 24, 2022.

1. camelboyegypt

camelboyegypt

Hi everybody,
    I have a problem. I've made a model of a wall with an arc in Blender, i exported the model in .fbx format and imported in Unity. I put the model in the scene, converted the model to probuilder for editing and the model looks ok.But after the probuilderize process the model changes the color and when i try to apply a texture it doesn' t show the texture correctly. Anybody knows why this happen?

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Try to remove the shader on the model, and then re-apply the shader, or another one, and see if that fixes it.

If you want, post a screenshot of this strangely coloured model.

3. camelboyegypt

camelboyegypt

Ye sure, thanks for helping.
    The texture should appear like this:

texture_correct.png

The imported fbx model where i want to put the texture, has already the material attached, that is the same material attached to the stairs model and has this look:

1. Before probuilderize process before_probuilderize.png

2. After probuilderize process

after_probuilderize.png

I tried as you suggested, to remove and re-apply the material, but the object remains with the same look.

In summary, the texture show correctly with all the models directly made in probuilder, but looks wrong with the imported fbx models made in blender and probuilderized for editing.
    Maybe ive made some mistake while exporting the model from blender?

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Interesting problem.
    Okay. Did you UV unwrap the model properly?

5. camelboyegypt

camelboyegypt

Er,actually no I didn't.:D And I didn't know this operation was needed. I'm new to modeling and try to juggle by looking at tutorials here and there. I'll go to read some documentation and watch some tutorial about this procedure and then I'll try to do it. I'll let you know if I'll fix the problem.
    Thanks for help!

6. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Yeah, UV unwrapping a 3d model properly, helps prevent alot of weird problems, that can appear on complex, or semi-complex models.

Okay, cool. I hope it fixes the problem. Have fun learning too.

Yeah.:cool:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    camelboyegypt and warthos3399 like this.