Search Unity

Texture looks worse in game than in scene view

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Calamitycal, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Calamitycal

Calamitycal

If you look at the screenshot you can see that the trees on the left are blurry while the trees on the right are not. I've tried changing the settings between point, bilinear, and trilinear, and changing the shader, but nothing I change makes the tree in game look any better. The texture in game looks compressed but I can't see anything that would be doing this.

The tree looks correct in scene view and in the inspector. None of my other textures do this.

Any ideas?

2. echo4papa

echo4papa

What you tried turning up the filter samples? Leave it as bilinear or trilinear, but set it to 4 or 6 samples.

3. Calamitycal

Calamitycal

Yea, I tried increasing it to 6 and no change. If I change it to Point, it looks all pixelated. Changing it to bilinear or trlinear smooths it out, but it remains looking like it's compressed in the game while the texture in scene view looks fine. Changing the filter samples doesn't reduce the compressed look at all. I have the quality settings set to full and none of the other textures in game do this. Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it!