Search Unity

1. Curious about what's going to be in 2020.1? Have a look at the 2020.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to see 2020.1b in action? Sign up for our Beta 2020.1 Overview Webinar on April 20th for a live presentation from our evangelists and a Q&A session with guests from R&D.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Interested in giving us feedback? Join our online research interviews on a broad range of topics and share your insights with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Texture Importer Refactor - Use the cache better

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by DanTreble, Aug 29, 2016.

1. DanTreble

DanTreble

I don't know what this texture importer refactor is, but I'm jumping on board with my own requests!

I want to move our project to mostly crunched dxts, cause they are awesome and small, however I don't want to subject the team to the crippling import times.

We have the cache server, but it regularly fails on initial import and project update (Case 759902)

Secondly, some genius caused all the textures to be reimported for every platform, is a Win 32 dxt different from a Win 64 dxt, different from a OSX dxt? Nope. I couldn't stand the 5x reimport of crunched textures for each platform we ship (Win32,OSX universal, linux universal, PS4, XBoxOne).

Ferazel likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi DanTreble,
    We're currently working on that.

unityunity