Search Unity

Texture Format in import settings is greyed out

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Bravo_cr, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

With the new changes done to the texture import settings we have lost the possiblity of forcing any texture to an especific format (like rgba 16 bit) to all platforms at the same time. The "Format" dropbox in the texture setting under "Default" is always greyed out. We can change the "Max size" and "compression" but not the "Format". To change the format you have to go to each platform an enable "Override" which is a same, because now you have to rememebr to change all platforms each time you want to change anything. In previous Unity versions it was working perfectly.

In the docs says that it's this way, but IMO i think is a step back.

2. VetMedERC

VetMedERC

3. ABerlemont

ABerlemont

4. jj_unity328

jj_unity328

Bump. When trying to use `Texture2D.SetPixel` I get the error: `Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, RGB24, Alpha8 or one of float formats` but have no way I found to change it.

5. redfirerpk

redfirerpk

solutions ?

6. Moonjump

Moonjump

I agree it is a problem, and I submitted a bug about it. The reply was they made the change to stop beginners setting a format that was not supported on the selected platform. They had no time for me saying it made more work and increased the chances of errors for everyone else.

It is sort of understandable to be the default behaviour, but it should be overridable.