Search Unity

Texture errors unity 2019.4 2D psd importer

Discussion in '2D' started by orlax, Jul 29, 2020.

1. orlax

orlax

Hello people, i am having trouble after updating to unity 2019.4.5f1 my imported psb files are having some heavy texture errors.

Attached image for comparison of how it looks on the image editing software and how it looks in unity, also there are some console errores about the spriteSkinEditor that may also be to blame¿?

upload_2020-7-29_8-23-4.png

so, have anyone find this problem? any ideas about how to solve it?

I have already created a very simple one layer only psb file and imported it and the error remains in unity the texture has on stripe of the right color and the rest is black.

as a final note, i am using affinity designer to expor a .psd file and then change its extension to .psb for importing (this worked on unity 2019.3 no problems, but I had to reinstall my system recently and ended up with 2019.4

thank you all for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@orlax Could you please submit a bug report (if possible please include the above PSD file or any PSB file that could help us reproduce/investigate the issue) ? We will take a look asap.

3. orlax

orlax

Hello @Venkify, alright I just submited a bug report, also tested this on an empty project with universal render and built in render and the result is the same. I will DM you the case number!

4. orlax

orlax

So i Have been testing this further, and found out that the problem are vector layers, rasterize layers import just fine.

So if i go in my file and rasterize all layers them it looks ok in the engine, however I still need the vector layers to work as my animations are already made with that vector file :( will keep digging in to this.