Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

► Texture Channel Packer ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

TCP - Texture Channel Packer is an editor tool for packing different image RGBA channels (or custom float values) into a single texture file.

Useful for creating URP/HDRP mask textures.
    Great for reducing project build size by combing multiple textures for custom shaders.

To speed up the working process TCP offers:
    • User friendly and intuitive editor window.
    • Automatic texture assigning system, that allows users to drag & drop files and folders directly inside the TCP editor window and based on the used preset (user defined custom rules) textures are automatically associated to the exported channel.
    • Batch mode, for packing any number of textures by user defined rules and filters.

Texture Channel Packer.gif

2. VSA_MarinaFiori

VSA_MarinaFiori

Hi, the plugin is amazing and does exactly what I want in single-mode.

The batch mode tough has a problem:
    it works only if your textures are organized in separate folders for each asset.

For example, I have a common Texture folder witch contains all the textures for multiple objects.
    When I run the batch, I get only the first texture in the "converted" folder and the rest are ignored.

Is it possible to make the batch compatible with a Texture folder with multiple assets?

3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Confirm. Currently each group of packed textures are considered to be in the separate folders.
    I will check what can be done in your case.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    VSA_MarinaFiori likes this.
  4. VSA_MarinaFiori

VSA_MarinaFiori

Any updates on this?

5. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Working on various solutions. It is a little complicated. If I find some good solution, update will be on Monday.

CiroContns likes this.