Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Texture blender objects help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by IUPUI, Nov 8, 2005.

1. IUPUI

IUPUI

I am new to Unity. I am trying to texture objects from blender. When I apply the texture to the object, the object just changes color. For example a texture of ground only turns the object brown. The texture works fine on the objects that comes with unity. I have tried using objects with a UV map and with out a UV map.

2. Bampf

Bampf

What you describe is a dead giveaway that the UV coordinates either aren't set up or are wrong. What usually happens is that the entire texture is applied to each pixel, hence the color change.

What I found is, just because Blender displays a texture correctly doesn't mean the UV information is correct or was saved to the file. I had to fiddle with it a little after setting up my UV coordinates before it "took". Try exiting UV editing mode for instance after making your changes. After a couple of tries (switching back to Unity after each attempt) I got it to take. With more experience I'll figure out what exactly the steps are, but right now I can't help any more than that.