Search Unity

Bug Texts doesnt Change anymore when Language is Changed

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by DerDerErIst, Mar 4, 2021.

1. DerDerErIst

DerDerErIst

Hello,
    ive Setup the whole Project for Localization and now i translated Everything in String Tables.
    When i start the Game now, In Editor and also in Build Version, The Text not gets Changed based on selected Language.

upload_2021-3-4_19-10-3.png

Ive Selected Japanese, but also when i select German or Russian the Texts remain the Same.

upload_2021-3-4_19-10-58.png

When i Change the Text with Code with something like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         var title = LocalizationSettings.StringDatabase.GetLocalizedStringAsync("Achievement", "SELECT_ACHIEVEMENT");
    Then he Changes the Text to the correct Word in the correct Language.
    But Somehow the "LocalStringEvent Script" seems not to work anymore

I Restart Unity.
    I Reimport the whole Project.

I Dunno what to do, hope someone have an Idea whats wrong.

Edit:
    Ive changed now the "Update String" Event to Change the Text, then it is working,
    but im sure it wasnt like that before?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Yeah you don't seem to have any subscribers to the Update String so the text would not change.
    Did this change for everything or just some of the text? Im not aware of us doing anything that would cause this so if you do find a way to reproduce it then please file a bug report.

3. DerDerErIst

DerDerErIst

At the moment i dont know how to Reproduce it, and yeah it applies on all Texts in all Scenes.

I gonna work with the workaround, maybe on the way i can figure out what this problem ist caused by.

karl_jones likes this.