Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMeshProUGUI not dynamically updating when text changes

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by ibyte, Mar 9, 2018.

1. ibyte

ibyte

I am using 2017.3.1f1 with Assets/TextMesh Pro/Plugins/TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll. TextMeshProUGI objects text predefined in the editor displays okay. If I then try to dynamically change the text at run time it will not show up.

As a test I unchecked autosize while in play mode then the text appears. If i click it again the text gets huge. If I click it again to resume autosize the text goes back to the proper size and some updates after that might show.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Whenever you update to a newer version of Unity, you should also be updating to the appropriate version of TextMesh Pro for this version of Unity. In this case, you are using the version of TextMesh Pro for Unity 5.6.

Direct links to the latest release of TextMesh Pro is available in the following top sticky thread. Be sure to follow the upgrade instructions.

After performing the upgrade please let me know if the problem persists.

3. ibyte

ibyte

Hi it sort of helped. At least see the top and bottom text being displayed but not the middle box (out of 3) . I noticed something else and this is the reason I backed out of the asset store version I tried to upgrade too last night. I get these Multi-object editing is not supported messages and there is only one object highlighted in the hierarchy

Update: the good news is, exiting Unity and reloading the project cleared up the multi-editing issue.

Now to figure out why my other text box is not updating

upload_2018-3-9_15-14-5.png

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  4. ibyte

ibyte

Any suggestions on the best way to format json for display in a textmeshprougui object?
    I disabled RichText so at least I can see it but i guess I need to find some json pretty printer

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Can you provide an example of the text you are trying to display? Like a sample .json file you are trying to use.