Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro TextMeshPro with I2 Localization issue

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by kabumere, Apr 1, 2018.

1. kabumere

kabumere

Having another issue relating to these two assets together, want to see if anyone else has encountered it/reproduced it:

I have started a new project for prototyping where I'm using the latest versions of TextMesh Pro and I2 Localization from the Asset Store. Whenever I attach a 'Localize' component to a TextMesh Pro object, I get these two warnings during play mode: "
    No script asset for LocalizeTarget_TextMeshPro_UGUI. Check that the definition is in a file of the same name." and "
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!". The more TextMesh Pro objects I have with a Localize component on them, the more of these warnings I get each play.

This occurs only with TextMesh Pro. Using the regular Unity Text object with a Localize component does not produce the warning. Also, my older projects that use the latest I2 Localization asset but an older version of TextMesh Pro do NOT produce this warning.

For reproducing the issue, note that I am using: Unity 2017.3.1f1 on Windows 10 with I2 Localization version 2.8.4 f1 and TextMesh Pro version 1.0.56.0b3 (at least according to the Asset Store).

Edit: Also note that in my older projects that don't have this issue, TextMesh Pro Editor DLL version is: TextMeshPro-2017.2-1.0.56-Editor. For the projects having this issue, TextMesh Pro Editor DLL version is: TextMeshPro-2017.3-1.0.56-Editor.

2. kabumere

kabumere

For anyone else experiencing this: this was indeed a bug with the latest Asset Store version of I2 Localization. If you have your invoice number available, contact inter.illusion@gmail.com and he'll give you access to the latest beta version which has a fix for it. Using it now and all seems to be in order. If you're uneasy about beta versions, I believe the developer has said a stable version will likely hit the Asset Store this month (April). Cheers!

Mauri and Stephan_B like this.
  3. konsnos

konsnos

Hey, I have the same issue. My version of I2 Localization is 2.8.6 f2 which was released 14 May. It seems that it's not fixed yet.

4. kabumere

kabumere

I have version 2.8.5 f1 from sometime last month (April) and it's fixed in this version. It must have been re-introduced later.

I would contact the dev using the email I wrote above and let them know.

5. konsnos

konsnos

I did for another issue I have before 7 days, but unfortunately I haven't received any answer so far, to follow up with a new question. I hope he is working on it.

6. kaspyar

kaspyar

Unity: 2017.4.6.f1
    I2 Localization: 2.8.7 f1
    Platform: UWP

Component TextMeshPro UGUI / field Text Input Box was not determined by Localize component.
    In Target field of Localize component wroten Prefab, and text doesn't change on changing the language.
    In the Android platform, it works correctly.