Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question TextMeshPro text too big

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by AnalogUniverse, Dec 13, 2023.

1. AnalogUniverse

AnalogUniverse

Hi Everyone

I'm creating a user interface for my game, I'm not using UI Canvas as I don't get on with it, so Ive baked my own UI using custom game objects, and I want to use textmeshpro (the 3D Object variety), for my buttons, but I'm having a little sizing issue, the text appears much larger than expected for the point size.

As far as I'm aware 3pts should equate to roughly 4pixels, but when I set my text to 8pts its a lot bigger than that, to give an idea how big, my 2D project has a unit size of 100 pixels, camera size is 7.68 at 4:3 aspect ratio, so basically 2048 x 1536, the button in the image is 566 pixels x 186 pixels and the 8pt text is about 1/3 of the height of the button so approximately 60 pixels heigh, which is much bigger than it should be.

All the objects above it are game objects with regular transforms with scales 1,1,1the textmeshpro rect transform is also 1,1,1. So why is the text so much bigger than it should be ? All my image assets are in the correct proportion to the camera size / unit size, is there a setting I'm missing ?

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 00.34.47.png

Any Help much appreciated Thanks.