Search Unity

Question TextMeshPro text on canvas BLOCKED by 2d quad?!?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by TheCuriousHobbyist, Apr 7, 2023.

1. TheCuriousHobbyist

TheCuriousHobbyist

Hi. I've been having this really stupid problem where I have text on my UI canvas, then I have a quad mesh that takes up the screen on my 2D game. For some reason, even though the text is on the UI that is SUPPOSED to show OVER EVERYTHING ELSE, it doesn't. The text doesn't appear. It has a rectangular background that shows as it's supposed to, but somehow not the text? I had to go through all that testing to discover that quad is responsible for this too. What in the render queue should explain to me that should be happening.

The only solution I found is to move the quad back like 500 units from the camera, which makes NO sense. Sometimes after regenerating the font it works once, but then once I exit Play mode then it just comes back. All other fonts have no issue showing as they should, but this one somehow does. I don't know WHAT gives because from my view, it just suddenly started happening at some point when it was obviously working before. As if every stupid mistake people make programming isn't enough to deal with. Stuff like THIS happens for no reason. Also if this helps I have 2021.3.18f1.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023