Search Unity

textmeshpro spacing option

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Sylon87, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Sylon87

Sylon87

hello!
    i'm trying to set the pacing option on my UI with TextMEshPro, but is working well for a language like English,
    not for Chinese (in the editor it looks ok but is overlapping lines on the device)
    without using the spacing option (line) i have fixed for Chinese Language (only on build) but i get to much space between line on the other language... how i should fix it? and why in the editor i doesn't get this kind of problem but i have it on build?

thank's in advance

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Can you provide a few images showing the results you are getting?

Please also include an image of the font asset inspector for each font asset you are using making sure that we can see the Face Info of each font assets.

3. Sylon87

Sylon87

thank's you for your help, i was able to fix it by set up the "Line Height" parameter under the font asset that has that problem.. so for anyone that it's haveing the same issues this might help

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

See the following thread and post where I provide more insight on how to normalize Face Info / Metrics between font assets.

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Since fonts come in all shapes and size, it is sometimes necessary to edit the Face Info to normalize these font assets so they work well together. See the following post for details.