Search Unity

TextMeshPro Input Text highlight bar on android devices has offset selection

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by keil_unity, May 13, 2021.

1. keil_unity

keil_unity

hello, all I'm currently working on my team's app and we have a bug on android devices when the user selects text there appears a 2nd highlight box that looks like a native highlight bar offset and in the wrong area of the screen. "see the picture attached".

any information would be much appreciated!

Note-
    Everything works great on IOS

Attached Files:

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

That is indeed the native Android selection which I believe the Android Team at Unity has addressed. I would suggest testing with the latest Unity release for whichever version of Unity you are using.

keil_unity likes this.
  3. GubaPeter

GubaPeter

Hi!

I still experience this in 2019.4.28f1. I suppose this is the consequence of a fix that came not long ago. On certain devices (or after a certain api level, I don't remember which one) the native keyboard didn't show up, if the native input field was disabled. The solution for it was to make the input field invisible, but not disabled. But the input field is still there, blocking the touch on the screen, and showing the selection highlight.
    Here are two images. On the first HideMobileInput set to true, on the second it is set to false.

So how the fix of this is going? Are there any workarounds while it's not released?

Attached Files:

unityunity