Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMeshPro GUI text disappear after build

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Xhitman, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Xhitman

Xhitman

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

3. Xhitman

Xhitman

I do not expect any reply during holidays. Well, Merry Christmas!

Unity 2018.2.6f1, Windows 7.

And I just find that the text actually hide by the blue plane objects, because I can see the text when I move the camera such that no blue plane behind the camera in build version.

How come TMP GUI can be block by objects in scene? I am sure they are TMP UI, not the other TMP objects.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Please double check that you are in fact using all TextMeshProUGUI objects and not a mixture of <TextMeshPro> and <TextMeshProUGUI> objects where they would share the same material. If this is the case, please be sure to create a separate set of material presets for the normal TMP objects and one for those TMP UGUI objects.

Text objects can still appear behind objects depending on the Canvas Render Modes.

5. wilczarz_84

wilczarz_84

Hi @Stephan_B! I am affected by this bug in Unity 2023.1.28f1. I do not use TextMeshPro at all, but I have tons of TextMeshProUGUI components. My app uses two canvases - one in 'camera' mode and one in 'overlay' mode.

Many iOS users reported to me that all the texts get invisible in the popups (canvas with overlay mode). I have never experienced this with my iphones, but it seems to be a problem for many users. I am literally unable to reproduce this, not on devices, not in the editor.

Do you have any advice for me? My canvases share a lot of prefabs, it would be very hard for me to use separate font assets for each canvas.

I do some tweens on ui elements sometimes, like scaling, coloring etc.
    Can this be a problem?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  6. wilczarz_84

wilczarz_84

So this is how my screen is supposed to look like:

and this is what happens to it (sent to me by user)

You can see that all TextMeshProUGUI components disappeared. The one that's left (showing "12") is a regular Text component.
    • This only happens in Canvas with Overlay mode
    • There is a second canvas (camera mode) available in my scene which is not affected
    • I am unable to reproduce it on my iPhone (can be device specific?)
    • Users report that when this bug happens, restarting the app does not help
    • I do not use TextMeshPro component. Only TextMeshProUGUI. Ocaasionally "Text"
    • All TextMeshProUGUI components share the same font asset
    Should I migrate all texts on Overlay canvas from TextMeshProUGUI to Text? This will be LOTS of work. And isn't Text deprecated?

What can I do to eliminate this? Please help, I'm out of ideas and I cannot reproduce this bug on my devices :(

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  7. levelappstudios

levelappstudios

Did you solve this? I'm in the same situation, text dissapear randomly and I am unable to reproduce in any of my devices.