Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Textmeshpro Caret Position Change

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by SAJID_Playsimple, Apr 10, 2018.

1. SAJID_Playsimple

SAJID_Playsimple

i'm trying to move caret in textmeshpro inputfeild To A Certain Position In A String of 10 letters
    but it is not working for some reason i've used the latest version of textmeshpro

I've logged the position and it is accurate but visually the cursor stays at the same place
    can anyone help me on how to move caret in inputeild manually via script

public TMP_InputField MessageInputField;
    void SomeFuntion(){
    MessageInputField.caretPosition = MessageInputField.text - 5;
    }

2. PSchaussPlaya

PSchaussPlaya

Did you find any solution by now?

I have the same problem with Unity 2018.1.0f2 and TMP 1.2.2 from the package system.
    Setting caretPosition does not seem to have any impact on the caret position.