Search Unity

TextMesh Pro UI Text stuck on black color

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Sanban_, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Sanban_

Sanban_

Hey. I ran into an issue after updating a project trough unity collab. Every TextMesh Pro UI text element seems to stuck on the color black (it doesnt matter which color is selected in the inspector). Even if i add a new element to the sceen. i have talked to the other developers and no one change anything. someone had a similar issue?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Make sure both vertex color (in the text object inspector) and material color is not black.

Check what shader is used as using a Surface shader without lighting would result in black looking text.

Let me know if any of these two things apply.

brainwipe and paulygons like this.
  3. Sanban_

Sanban_

I checked the material and the color was set to black. Changed it to white and everything works fine againg. Seemes weird bc like i mentioned earlier no dev involved in the project changed the material. It seemed to got changed trough the collab update. Thanks for your help :)

4. Zullar

Zullar

My UI Text changes to black sometimes too (While running in Editor not the build). I'd say it's happens randomly like 5 times over the last 5 years. Can't replicate it and it seems to fix itself.

5. wei_xu

wei_xu

My game, when at task list on iOS, the text became black shortly. About half second, and then the color shown correctly.

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This could be caused by having "Asynchronous Shader Compilation" enabled as seen below.