Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMesh Pro overflow link detection doesn't work

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Synthoid, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Synthoid

Synthoid

I'm trying to set up overflow labels containing clickable links but it seems like links shown in overflow labels don't ever get detected by TextMesh Pro's utilities. The original label can detect the links just fine, as do stand alone labels.

Desired outcome:
    Links are detectable in overflow labels.

Current outcome:
    Individual links are not detected, though one empty link that I did not set up seems to be detectable.

Test Process:
    I've attached a package containing the sample scene I'm using to showcase the issue. If you open it in a project with TextMesh Pro installed and hover over the red links, you should see the link's ID on the right. Every link works as expected except for the links contained in overflow labels.

I'm not sure if this is an edge case as I did get overflow link detection working when I only had one overflow label (Origin => Overflow 1) as opposed to chained overflow labels (Origin => Overflow 1 => Overflow 2). The first case also had the labels anchored to the bottom left and bottom right of the canvas respectively instead of being anchored vertically over each other.

It's also worth noting that an empty link in overflow labels that I did not set up seems to be intercepting link detection. It seems to contain a link ID for a link in the origin label, but with no link text (though the actual content for the empty link appears to be a single zero width char).

Hopefully this is just a weird setup issue I'm having, though I'm not sure what would cause the issue exactly.

Attached Files: