Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMesh Pro New options and one error

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Ledrec, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ledrec

Ledrec

Hi! I'm using Unity 2017.1.1f1 and textmesh pro in a project, and i have to things that i would like to ask for, the first one is the next error:
    Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 5.03.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 5.04.01 PM.png
    the second thing is more of an upgrade for textmesh sometimes when i have a word and autosize enabled, in a textbox the text looks like this:

IRREGU
    LAR

instead of this:

IRREGULAR

there should be an option to stop it from breaking the words, so autosize could make the text smaller if the words do this kind of thing, or maybe truncate the text.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The error is simply due to the fact that when you updated to Unity 2017.1, you did not update your version of TextMesh Pro to the one for Unity 2017.1. Unity 2017.1 includes some API changes which were not present in Unity 5.6. In this case, the signature of the BeginAnimatedCheck() changed between previous version of Unity and 2017.1.

Please update to the release of TMP for Unity 2017.1. These are available on the Asset Store. Prior to importing the new release, be sure to review the release and upgrade notes. You will have to remove the previous version of TMP by deleting the "TextMesh Pro" folder. Be sure to back up your project first and any files you may have saved inside the "TextMesh Pro" folder. Be sure to also review your TMP Settings file in case you made any changes to it.

Once the previous version has been removed, import the new package. When the import window shows up, scroll down to the "Plugins" folder to check the name of the dlls. Some of those dlls should be named "TextMeshPro-1.0.55.2017.1.0b12" where the 2017.1 indicates what version of Unity they are designed for. If the dll are the incorrect ones (which can happen due to a bug in the Asset Store), there is a link to these new release in the sticky post in the forum section.

In terms of your request, the word should not break unless the min / max value on auto size are limiting how much the word can be decreased or increased in size.

You can prevent words from break by using the <nobr> and </nobr> tags but if the width of the text container cannot fit the word then this tag is ignored. This tag is used when you have a width enough container but want the break to happen elsewhere in the line. You can also use non-breaking space characters and even soft hyphens in the text. Take a look at Example 13 includes with TMP for that.

In terms of truncation, modes like Truncate and Ellipsis are in the Overflow mode.