Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMesh Pro Inputfield with vertical scrollbar snap text on top instead of mouse position

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by sushanta1991, Aug 15, 2019.

1. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

Hi @Stephan_B

I have been facing a strange issue with TextMesh Pro Inputfield. My Inputfield has a vertical scrollbar, sometimes when text is large, if I scroll using scrollbar to reach the bottom and click using a mouse then the whole text snaps to the top. Can you please help me with this. I am attaching a video as well.

video
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NuI7Gc8UjEqPXwVt0c0-CgG0o1InyCn9/view?usp=sharing

I am using Unity 2018.4 and TextMesh Pro version 1.4.1, it was happening in Unity 2017.4 as well

2. AceAssetMaster

AceAssetMaster

OMG!!!!!!!!

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I'll try taking a look tomorrow or over the weekend and provide feedback as soon as I have more information.

Update
    Just tested quickly using the example scene 20 - Input Field with Scrollbar included in the TMP Examples & Extras and it is working as expected. Take a look at the example scene and let me know if it works as expected.

How did you setup the Scroll bar in your scene?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

Thank you for your reply, I compared the Example scene 20 and my Inputfield, I find out that there were few extra Control settings that were enabled in my Inputfield, after disabling OnFocus - Select All option, now it's working fine.