Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro TextMesh Pro Inputfield with vertical scrollbar snap text on top instead of mouse position

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by sushanta1991, Aug 15, 2019.

1. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

Hi @Stephan_B

I have been facing a strange issue with TextMesh Pro Inputfield. My Inputfield has a vertical scrollbar, sometimes when text is large, if I scroll using scrollbar to reach the bottom and click using a mouse then the whole text snaps to the top. Can you please help me with this. I am attaching a video as well.

video
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NuI7Gc8UjEqPXwVt0c0-CgG0o1InyCn9/view?usp=sharing

I am using Unity 2018.4 and TextMesh Pro version 1.4.1, it was happening in Unity 2017.4 as well

2. AceAssetMaster

AceAssetMaster

OMG!!!!!!!!

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I'll try taking a look tomorrow or over the weekend and provide feedback as soon as I have more information.

Update
    Just tested quickly using the example scene 20 - Input Field with Scrollbar included in the TMP Examples & Extras and it is working as expected. Take a look at the example scene and let me know if it works as expected.

How did you setup the Scroll bar in your scene?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

Thank you for your reply, I compared the Example scene 20 and my Inputfield, I find out that there were few extra Control settings that were enabled in my Inputfield, after disabling OnFocus - Select All option, now it's working fine.

unityunity