Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Help

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by HeizenblogGaming, Aug 7, 2019.

1. HeizenblogGaming

HeizenblogGaming

This is probably a really obvious question about TextMesh Pro.

I'm trying to create a Score and Level UI for player one and the same for player two but using 2 different fonts and styles using TextMesh Pro, the problem is every time I create a new UI>TextMeshPro element it inherits the settings from the previous and if I change any settings It changes all the previous UI elements created.

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

It's not very obvious. With the TextMeshPro object selected, right-click the material name at the bottom of the inspector, and click "Create Material Preset". Name the new material, and you will see your TextMeshPro is using that new preset in it's "Material Preset" field. Other TextMesh objects using the same font can now select that preset, and any edits you make to the material will now only affect other TextMesh objects using that same preset.

3. HeizenblogGaming

HeizenblogGaming

Thanks for that, its not obvious, so I appreciate your help

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Are you looking for a different visual treatment of the text between player one and two or literally looking to use a different font?

Different material is handled by using Material Presets as @Gambit-MSplitz indicated.