Search Unity

TextMesh Pro face texture

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Extiward, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Extiward

Extiward

Hi!

I'm looking to create an effect that would simulate text color inversion (which I failed to create via shaders) like described in this post https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...ding-on-background-color.574120/#post-3825202

But as far as I can tell this no longer works in the latest TextMesh Pro version (2.0.1). I'm using this texture (half black half white):

And getting a result like this: Untitled.png

An expected result would be half of the text being black and half white. Something like this:
    TMPro - Texturing Example 06.png

Am I missing something or is this not a feature any more?

Attached Files:

2. Maciej-Olszowy

Maciej-Olszowy

I'm using version 1.4.1 in Unity 2018.4.2, but stumbled upon the same issue. Make sure to check "Horizontal Mapping" and "Vertical Mapping" on your text component. By default the texture will be mapped to each character separately.

Extiward likes this.
  3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Looks like I missed the original post :(

Please always feel free to bump your posts when I fail to reply in a timely manner.

The latest release for Unity 2018.4 is version 1.5.5 which was released today. I suggest testing in this latest release and let me know if you still have issues.

4. Extiward

Extiward

Just tried changing mapping parameters and it worked (TextMesh Pro 3.0.6.)! Will have to test some more but this is what I needed. Thanks!