Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMesh Pro dropdowns move their scrollbar to the center

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Hertzole, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Hertzole

Hertzole

Hello

I just discovered that the dropdown script provided by TextMesh Pro moves the scrollbar in the dropdown to the center of the dropdown menu. This is really annoying and can't really without having to use some dreaded "Find" methods. This does not happen on the normal dropdown script.

This is what it looks like.

The template scrollbar it set as it should, width of 20, reaches from top to bottom and the pivot is set at 1x. But once it creates the Dropdown List, it moves 80 units to the left.

To reproduce it you simply have to just create a new TMP Dropdown, give it enough options to create a scrollbar and it should happen.

EDIT: This was first tested in 2017.3.0p2 but I also tested it using 2018.1.0b3 using the TMP version provided in the package manager. Same result.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

See the following post

3. Hertzole

Hertzole

Ah, thanks. I must've missed that there was already a post about this. Sorry about that!
    But I followed your solution by rearranging the elements and it seems to work fine. Still quite an annoying issue that I hope will be fixed eventually!

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This is all related to the RectTransform issue which surfaced in Unity 2017.3. It is being worked on so hopefully it will get fixed soon.